8.29.2013

Waiting, Waiting, and in Limbo

You may not know it yet, but you will soon find out that I hate waiting. I shouldn't say I hate it as much as I get antsy and try to speed things up as much as possible. As you know, we are in the market to purchase our first home. And I have already mentioned that this is not for the faint hearted at all. But once you cross that hurdle, as we clearly did - one would think that the process gets better. Or at least that "one" would have been me. I know you are thinking, "silly girl." But I argue that one can have hope.

Let me back-up and explain the basis for the post - we have been waiting for 3 weeks, yes 3 weeks already for someone in another department to respond to us on finalizing our interest and ultimate purchase of a home. We visited the house back in early August and knew immediately it was the home for us. It is not perfect, as James likes to point out. But I argue it is perfect as it will be perfect once we put our touch on it. Structurally it has all of our requirements. And most importantly the location is awesome! I mean the moment I walked into the home, I started seeing it come together. For three weeks I have pinned, searched, daydreamed, and tweeted about things that absolutely have to be in this home. It has been the deal we were hoping to find. It has us written all over it.

As we strolled through from top to bottom, we were amazed and kept holding our breath that something was going to be out of place. Afterall, this is an REO/foreclosure and you just never know. Upon our return from the second floor, we were ready to purchase. As we approached our realtor - she knew too! Amazing when you spend 8 months with someone, they tend to learn you very well. We signed all necessary documents and wrote the check. We walked away feeling great and even went back later to pray over our decision and the home. That is just how much we fell for this home.

So a few days went by and we heard nothing, and we figured we'd give it a few more. After a week had passed and still nothing, we called our realtor. She had heard nothing either. And then we waited another week and still nothing. And this brings us to now - we have since understood that our dream home awaits a review by someone else with no immediate level of importance by this person. 

Sheesh! I have been pretty good, until this week.  For someone reason, it just hit me hard - that is my frustration with this process.  I mean I have been mopping, going to bed early, and been pretty crabby for 3 days now.  My poor husband felt so bad for me that he had flowers delivered to my job. Now that was a great surprise. But he didn't have to do that. My beef is not with him, it is with this person who holds all of this up. And to make matters worse, we went by yesterday only to see a car in the driveway. Meaning others may be interested too! Oh no! Well at least that is what my heart and mind said. We have been told not to worry but it is hard. 

So we continue to wait. James says I must stop being upset because this is simply out of our control. And you know what he is right! And so we wait and wait, hopeful that we will find something out soon. 

Have you ever been in home buying limbo? If so, share with how you were able to get through it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing with me. - KD