8.25.2013

Eye Catchers Roundup #2

So, I apologize ahead of time but this week's round-up is all about various styles of painted furniture. I have recently inquired a new sideboard piece that I am trying to decide do I want to stain, paint it the normal colors, or paint it a bold color. Or the very interesting half and half - stain the top and paint the bottom. So many options.

Since I was all over the place with my thoughts. I decided to peruse the internet and check out what everyone else was doing with painted furniture techniques. As you know, my last painted furniture piece was my chalk paint extravaganza.

1. I am in the market for some cane chairs. I had a lock on two last week and was all set to pick them up on Saturday and the women selling, sold them to someone else who could pick them up faster. Ouch! I was bummed, but know I will find another pair real soon. Or at least one! I love the white frame with the dark fabric that Lynda from Focal Point Styling did in her bedroom retreat makeover. Check out the whole room, it is fantastic.




2. I found this beautiful dresser painted in awesome shade of blue with the white hardware. It really blows you away at how magnificent this piece is. Totally became an inspiration piece for me. Considering painting my newly acquired sideboard this color or a bold teal. Interested, found this piece in an Etsy shop. Check out 3ShabbyChicDogs.


3. This gold dipped french provencial dresser looks so elegant. This could easily be placed in a dining room as a side piece or in a neutral toned bedroom. The gold adds such a pop of color. And the gold hardware pull it all together. If you'd like to purchase it. Head over to Etsy and stop in the HayleonVintage shop.


4. So obviously you know I have a huge crush on coral right now. If not, read about my coral crush. I do actually like the idea of painting the bathroom cabinets, or a laundry room to add a pop of color. This space really works well together. Read more about the entire space in Decor Chick's post about the DIY Painted Coral Vanity.



Well I was inspired to get busy on my projects. So many creative ideas flowing in my mind. Now I got to get to it! So tell me, what is your new painted furniture technique crush??? Or if you have spotted some really inspiring painted pieces or have done some yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing with me. - KD