8.07.2013

The Coral Effect


The coral color is making a bold splash, well at least in my life. I mean I have I serious crush on it. I love the fabrics, paints, and accessories I see in this awesome color. So much that as I look to revamp our office in the "dream home," I know that I must incorporate this beautiful color. Our current office, now turned James' closet and storage, was a very beautiful dark grey with white Ikea Expedit shelves and a glass desk. The space was perfect in our apartment but we are looking to kick it up a notch for our home.

I have been collecting a design file for this room. I am thinking of a color palette with a mixture of coral, navy, golds, and ivory. They seem to mix well. I like the boldness of the coral and the subtle hints of navy for a cool hue. What do you think?

I am leaning towards the walls being painted in the Behr Sand Pearl. This should work perfectly against the white trim and molding the space may have. Aligning one wall in the space will be several bookcases, in a nice white paint from Behr to match  the trim and molding. I really love this bookcase from Centsational Girl. We plan to use her instructions to build this unit. The back of the bookcase will be the Behr Deep Space (Navy Blue).  Gold and Coral decor items along with practical storage items will fill the space. Can you visualize it?


 Centsational Girl -  IKEA Besta + Billy Bookcase Combo
As you can see this system adds a very nice dimension to the space and will provide a significant amount of storage and hiding spaces. Storage for craft tools and items is essential. I plan to maximize the closet space in this room too!  I am getting excited.  Next, I want to introduce  beautiful and warm fabrics in the window treatments. After searching high and low, I discovered this wonderful fabric on Etsy. It has the right effect of the coral with a very modern print. The whole idea here is to have a light and airy feel to the space.

Available on Etsy.com. 

Burlap comes in so many different colors and types now. I am enchanted with the way this fabric drapes. Window tab curtain panels will be made, using a combination of the Etsy fabric and burlap with a navy band. With a gold rod adding some level of accent to the room. Love the rod and material used by House of Hepworth to create a very inexpensive but expensive looking rod.

House of Hepworth - Cheap Awesome Professional Curtain Road
As you can see many more details need to be determined. Desk/Craft table? I would like a craft table in the middle room and then a writing desk on the side, but I am unsure of the amount of space I will have. I may end up with just enough space for a large writing desk that doubles as my craft table. We will just have to wait and see.  There are more details to hash out but I had to share where my thoughts were headed.

Are you getting the feel of the space? Do you have suggestions of other colors that blend well with coral? What is your color crush?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing with me. - KD